25 questions for the family - everyone will get at least one correct!
1. In the carol, "Silent Night," what comes next?
a. Holy night
b. Holly night
c. Noisy night
d. Still night
2. How many ghosts appear in A Christmas Carol?
3. Which saint does Santa Claus come from?
a. St Claud
b. St Claus
c. St Nicholas
d. St Christmas
4. Traditionally what is put at the top of a Christmas tree?
a. A star
b. An angel
d. A Father Christmas
5. Which actor played six different roles in The Polar Express?
a. Robert de Niro
b. Denzel Washington
c. Will Smith
d. Tom Hanks
6. What are couples supposed to do under the mistletoe?
7. Which country started the tradition of putting up Christmas trees?
8. In “The Twelve Days of Christmas” how many gifts were given in total?
9. What did the other reindeer not let Rudolph do in Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer?
a. Play any reindeer songs
b. Call anyone names
c. Join in any reindeer games
d. Go down in history
10. The first gingerbread houses were reportedly inspired by which famous fairy tale?
a. Hansel and Gretel
b. Little Red Riding Hood
11. Eggnog originates in which country?
12. Where was Jesus born?
13. Which country donates the Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square?
14. Which patron saint is celebrated on 26th December?
15. What colour are mistletoe berries?
16. How many major tips does a snowflake have?
17. What is Smoking Bishop?
a. Mulled wine
d. Herbal tea
18. What year did Do They Know It's Christmas first reach number one?
d. It never has
19. Which saint introduced carols to formal church services?
a. St Nicholas
b. King Wenceslas
c. St Francis of Assisi
d. St Stephen
20. What would you find in mince pies made in Victorian times?
21. What country is the red and green Christmas plant, Poinsettia, native to?
22. How many "wise men" does the Bible say visited the baby Jesus?
d. Doesn't say
23. What is the most popular meal for Christmas in Japan?
c. Kentucky Fried Chicken
24. Which cartoon character is a Christmas Eve staple in Sweden and is watched by millions?
a. Donald Duck
b. Mickey Mouse
c. Bugs Bunny
25. Who was born on Christmas Day?
b. Humphrey Bogart
c. Isaac Newton
d. Justin Trudeau
1.a, 2.d, 3.c, 4.a,b, 5.d, 6.c, 7.a, 8.b, 9.c, 10.a, 11.b, 12.d, 13.b, 14.d, 15.b, 16.c, 17.a, 18.b, 19.c, 20.b
21.d, 22.d, 23.c, 24.a, 25.any of them!
Purchase - Subscribe - Gift Subscription
How about a paper copy?
Did you know that you can have Scout & Scouting as a lovely glossy magazine? You can buy one issue, take out a subscription or gift subscription.
Go to www.searchlinepublishing.co.uk/scoutandscouting to order.